Welcome to the Showers page, here is our guide to buying a shower online. This includes lots of electric power and mixer showers from manufacturers such as Triton, Mira, Gainsborough, Creda, Topaz, Thames and many others. There are also lots of other shower products available such as trays, cubicles, heads, enclosures, screens, curtains, doors, pumps and lots of others.
Showers are very popular bathroom appliances as they offer a quick and refreshing washing experience, the most popular shower is the power shower but you can also get mixer showers. Showers are becoming more popular than baths in the UK and that trend is set to continue, this is due to the fact that showering is quicker than bathing and you have a constant supply of clean water rather than sitting in the same water. There are many brands that make showers including Creda, Triton, Gainsborough, Mira, Topaz and Thames.
- 10 Year Guarantee
- Solid brass valve core with chrome finish
- Easy Clean chrome effect shower head
- Built in 38 degree anti-scalding device
- Recommended 1 bar water pressure
- Simple, safe and effective shower hose which includes limescale resistant rub clean spray nozzles
- Retaining straps and clips provide additional security, prevents the hose from slipping
- Hose connection suitable for use with handset parking brackets, sold separately
- Hose length: 1.75m
- These universal tap connectors fit most standard bath and basin taps
- THREE SPRAY PATTERNS: Rainfall, Jetting, Massage, three shower modes filters shower head to get you SPA shower experience in your bathroom.
- FILTRATION SYSTEM: Removes chlorine and harmful chemicals,toxins,heavy metals,bacteria,pesticides,rust and odor from your shower water. Helps restore healthier and smoother skin, softer and stronger hair. Keep water's pH Balance. All-natural Bio-active Stones provide Eco-pure Water Filtration to remove chlorine,heavy metals,impurities and bacteria. Negative Ion technology softens and purifies shower water to eliminate dry,flaky skin.
- LUV Current-Limited technology, saving water up to 30%. High pressure design, improving water pressure.
- SIMPLE AND DURABLE DESIGN: Made of ECO friendly ABS material, features a transparent, see-through design and high-density filter that's removable for easy cleaning. Enjoy a relaxing shower with our showerhead for years.
- INSTALLATION & WARRANTY: Tools-Free Installation. Connects in minutes without tools, all connections hand-tighten. Fits any standard overhead shower arm. 30-Day Money Back Guarantee and Limited Lifetime Warranty directly from Mibote.
- Stainless steel tie bar, 25 mm in diameter
- Shower handle and spray with black chrome quality finish
- ABS hooks, brass diverter; both chrome finish
- Double stainless steel hose with brass joints
- Brass thermostatic facility, chrome finish. 1.20 kg (of 0º- 85)
- Multiple Cable & Water Entry Points for Replacement
- Rotary Temperature Control
- Rotary Power Control: Cold, Eco, High
- Easy Clean Shower Head - Single Spray Pattern
- 2 year full parts & labour guarantee (UK only - Product not suitable for use outside of the UK)
Last update on 2017-11-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The two main types of shower are the electric and the mixer shower. The mixer shower uses cold water from the hot water tank and cold water from the cold water cistern in the loft. The problem with mixer showers is that you need good pressure from the hot and cold water tanks, this is not normally a problem with the cold water as it is usually in the loft but with the hot water the tank is usually at the same level as the shower, they are normally stored in the airing cupboard. If you have the pressure available then a mixer shower is great as it uses less electricity, if not then an electric shower is the best option.
An electric shower does not need access to the hot water tank, all it needs is access to the cold water tank. It uses the cold water and heats it up before passing it through the shower system, with an electric shower pressure is not an issue as most homes already have plenty of pressure on their cold water tanks.
Another great feature available to showers is the power shower, these offer a much stronger jet of water and are very refreshing. Power showers are popular as these offer a stronger supply of water and provide uniform pressure. Power showers are pump driven, the cold water comes from the storage cistern and the hot from the hot water cylinder in the case of mixer showers.
There are also lots of other products that you will need for a shower, these include trays, heads, cubicles, enclosures, curtains, screens, doors, pumps and lots of others. Cubicles, enclosures, doors and screens are all used to keep the water away from the rest of the bathroom, which you will need depends on where your shower is or will be located. Cubicles and enclosures will completely surround the shower offering complete cover, they have a door that is sealed so that no water will escape. Curtains and screens are used when the shower is over a bath and you need to cover just one side of the bath, the other sides will be sealed with the tiles above the bath. The curtain would need a rail running alongside the side of the bath that needs protecting, the curtain then simply hand down on the inside of the bath so that any water that sprays onto the curtain will simply run into the bath. Screens work in a similar way but are solid, they cost more but offer more protection. Shower trays are also great accessories, they offer a place to keep all of your toiletries such as shower gels, shampoos and other products, trays attach to the shower or the cubicle offering convenient access to the tray.
So when buying a shower there are a few things to think about, can you have a mixer shower or will you have to get an electric one and if so do you go for a power shower. Then there is location, depending on where it will be located you will need a cubicle, enclosure, screen or curtain. Then there is the brand, there are lots of manufacturers who make showers including Gainsborough, Triton, Thames, Creda, Mira and Topaz, Triton, Gainsborough and Mira are the most popular. Many shops also offer own brand showers which are great as they are cheaper than the branded showers, some shops also run some cheap special offers so shop around if you are looking for a cheap shower.