Welcome to the Lawn Mowers page, this is our guide to buying lawn mowers online in the UK. We have covered lots of types of lawn mowers here including hover mowers, petrol mowers, rotary mowers and many others, we also have brands like Flymo, JCB, McCulloch, Challenge, Landxcape and many others.
The most popular type of lawn mower is the hover mower, this was made famous by the Flymo lawn mowers. These do not have rollers or wheels as they ‘float’ slightly above the ground, this makes manoeuvring very easy as the mower appears very light and easy to push.
- Powerful 1400 Watt Motor
- 34cm Metal Blade
- 40 Litre Collection Box
- Rear Roller
- 12 Metre Mains Cable
- 29 cm cutting width, ideal for use on small to medium gardens
- Ergonomically designed for simple and easy use in your garden
- Collects and compacts more grass for less emptying of the 20 L grassbox
- Lightweight at only 8.8 kg allowing easy transportation and storage
- Product Dimensions: 79.2 x 42.7 x 40.4 cm
- Powerful 1150 watt motor
- 33cm Metal Blade
- 4 heights of cut (10 - 30mm)10 metre mains cable
- Light weight and easy to use
- Weight: 6.5 Kilograms
- Lightweight electric rotary lawnmower for use on small to medium sized lawns
- Enhanced grass combs cut right up to the edge
- Integrated rear roller for stripes and stability, prevents scalping
- Ergonomic fold-down handle design for easy control and storage
- Large 31 L grassbox with carry handle, less time spent emptying clippings
- Perfect finish: the new Powerdrive system delivers consistently high torque in all conditions
- Outstanding cutting performance & collection: innovative airflow technology & hardened steel blade
- The new QuickClick handle system for exceptionally easy, tool-free initial assembly
Last update on 2017-09-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
These Flymo lawn mowers are very good for most gardens, they do need a power supply though so are not suitable for very large gardens, they may also not be suitable for sloping gardens as Flymo’s are best used on flat ground.
Other brands of lawn mower include Challenge, JCB, Landxcape, McCulloch and many others, these come in a wide variety of types and come in all shapes and sizes. Bosch are also a very popular brand of lawn mower and offer mowers such as the Bosch Rotak 34, Bosch Rotak 36 and Bosch Rotak 40 mowers. Some of these brands sell petrol lawn mowers which are great if you have a large garden of do not want to have to bother with the cable, the cable on lawn mowers can be a problem if you are in a rush. Petrol lawn mowers are a little more expensive than the Flymo’s though and they are the two most popular choices, at the end of the day it all depends on what your garden is like and which lawn mower would be best for it.
Safety is an important aspect to keep in mind when buying a lawn mower, most have a mechanism where if you let go of the power trigger the blade will stop, all models are made so that grass and debris cannot fly out from beneath the mower. Some models have built in storage for the wire when it is not in use and some also have a folding handle, these make the mower easier and safer to store.
There are many other features to consider when buying a cheap lawn mower, these include the capacity it has for grass storage. Some models including the Flymo lawn mowers can compact the grass so that it needs to be emptied less often, some also have windows in the grass collection box so that you can see how much grass has been collected. Then if you are buying an electric mower then you have to consider the length of the cable, this can be easily over come though with an extension lead. So for most people something like a Flymo will be fine, if you are looking for other types of lawn mowers then a model from JCB, Challenge, McCulloch or Landxcape would be a good choice.