Welcome to the Hedge Trimmers page, here we have a guide to buying hedge trimmers online in the UK. All of the popular models are covered here including cordless, electric and petrol trimmers from brands such as Black & Decker, Flymo, Bosch, JCB and many others.
When buying a hedge trimmer there are a couple of main features that you have to choose from, these are whether it is cordless and has no wire and what powers it, petrol or electric. If the trimmer is cordless and powered by electricity then it will have a battery, these generally last around 40 minutes to an hour and don’t take too long to charge, having a cordless hedge trimmer has obvious advantage over the wired ones such as manoeuvrability and the ability to get to further away hedges. Petrol hedge trimmers take the ability to move to a greater level, if you are going to be using it for an extended period of time then a petrol model will help, they are more expensive though. One other aspect that is important is the weight of the trimmer, the lighter it is the easier it will be to manoeuvre and the safer the operation will be.
- Lightweight at 2.5 kg, ergonomic design
- Powerful 420 W Bosch motor
- Ergonomic design with soft-grip handle
- Diamond ground blades for a clean, precise cut
- Complete with protective blade cover when not in use
- Easicut 460 has a knife length of 45 cm and a cutting gap of 16 mm
- Easicut 460 has powerful 450 W rating
- Handle is designed for easy and comfortable trimming of hedges and bushes
- Powerful 450W motor
- 45cm long cutting blade
- 34 mm tooth spacing with sawing function enables cutting of branches that do not fit in between the teeth for a more thorough cut
- Ergonomic design for comfortable and easy hedgecutting without tiring arms
- Ergonomic handles with soft grip and see-through hand guard ensures a safe working position and effortless use
- Tillable cutting head for ergonomic working
- Blade made of laser-cut and diamond ground steel
- Adjustable, extendable aluminium telescopic handle (50 cm)
- Shoulder strap with quick-release
- Sturdy cutter guard for storage and transportation
- Enhanced 36 V/1.3 Ah lithium-ion battery and charger featuring syneon chip
- 54 cm blade length with 20 mm tooth spacing,The hedgecutter AHS 54-20 LI provides cordless mobility with maximum power
- Patented power tech blade system (anti-stall system), reverses blade action
- Laser cut, diamond ground blades for vibration free sharp clean cutting
- Lightweight ergonomic design with soft-grip handle, dual handed safety switching
Last update on 2018-01-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Safety is an important aspect of hedge trimmers, all models have a two handed operating mechanism where if one hand is released the trimmer will stop, this happens very quickly and is very important. Some models also have hand guards to stop flying debris attached which is useful, you can get models that are completely covered but they are not very common. It is also advised to use eye protection for safe usage if this equipment and to make sure you are in a stable position and that there are no other people near by.
There are lots of other features available with hedge trimmers, these include dual action blades which reduce vibration to a minimum and enable the cutting of thicker branches, the blades are also important as laser cut and diamond ground blades give a clean and healthy cut. The top brands that sell hedge trimmers offer a variety of these features, these include Black & Decker, Bosch, Flymo, JCB and others.
So for most people we would say that a cordless hedge trimmer would be the best way to go, it’s just allot easier to use. A re-chargeable model should be fine for most users although petrol is best if you are going to be using the hedge trimmer allot and don’t have time to keep re-charging, in this instance though you could go for a wired electric model if you can reach, check the length of the cable before buying. The top brands that sell these hedge trimmers are JCB, Black & Decker, Flymo, Bosch and many others.