Welcome to the Hedge Trimmers page, here we have a guide to buying hedge trimmers online in the UK. All of the popular models are covered here including cordless, electric and petrol trimmers from brands such as Black & Decker, Flymo, Bosch, JCB and many others.
When buying a hedge trimmer there are a couple of main features that you have to choose from, these are whether it is cordless and has no wire and what powers it, petrol or electric. If the trimmer is cordless and powered by electricity then it will have a battery, these generally last around 40 minutes to an hour and don’t take too long to charge, having a cordless hedge trimmer has obvious advantage over the wired ones such as manoeuvrability and the ability to get to further away hedges. Petrol hedge trimmers take the ability to move to a greater level, if you are going to be using it for an extended period of time then a petrol model will help, they are more expensive though. One other aspect that is important is the weight of the trimmer, the lighter it is the easier it will be to manoeuvre and the safer the operation will be.
- 60cm blade length and 25mm blade gap is suitable for medium hedges
- Bale handle design for optimum comfort and control
- Designed for even weight distribution between blade and handle to feel comfortable and secure in use
- 2 handed starting switch prevents accidental starting
- Cable retention for secure cable management
- Powerful 450 W motor
- Extendable up to 2 m
- 45 cm blade
- Dual reciprocating, diamond ground blade
- Very handy tool that helps you take care of branches at unruly heights and angles.
- Syneon Chip - effectively controlled energy for every project, Optimal balance and low weight for effortless hedge cutting
- Battery pack PBA 18 V 2.5 Ah W-B (1 600 A00 5B0), Compact quick charger AL 1830 CV (1 600 A00 5B4)
- Softgrip on the rear handle, multi-position front handle and transparent hand guard
- Special teeth at the front of the blade easily cut branches up to 25 mm in diameter
- Anti-Blocking system ensures continuous cutting performance
- Lightweight at 2.5 kg, ergonomic design
- Powerful 420 W Bosch motor
- Ergonomic design with soft-grip handle
- Diamond ground blades for a clean, precise cut
- Complete with protective blade cover when not in use
- A lightweight and easy to use hedge trimmer with a powerful 500W motor and precision blades for fast cutting action
- Distinctive in a black and orange colourways, the trimmer easily cuts through 16mm thick branches and twigs
- Ergonomically designed with a soft grip handle for ease of use, the 45cm cutting blade oscillates at a rate of 1600/min for a smooth cut without snagging
- Lightweight at only 2.6kg, the hedge trimmer also features a two-stage safety trigger to prevent accidental operation and hand protector shield for safe use. The hedge trimmer measures L88 X W11.5 X H18.2cm and comes complete with a blade cover and cable holder for neat storage when not in use
- During cutting periods of 10mins or longer please lubricate the blades well - Manufacturer 2 Year Warranty Included
Last update on 2017-09-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Safety is an important aspect of hedge trimmers, all models have a two handed operating mechanism where if one hand is released the trimmer will stop, this happens very quickly and is very important. Some models also have hand guards to stop flying debris attached which is useful, you can get models that are completely covered but they are not very common. It is also advised to use eye protection for safe usage if this equipment and to make sure you are in a stable position and that there are no other people near by.
There are lots of other features available with hedge trimmers, these include dual action blades which reduce vibration to a minimum and enable the cutting of thicker branches, the blades are also important as laser cut and diamond ground blades give a clean and healthy cut. The top brands that sell hedge trimmers offer a variety of these features, these include Black & Decker, Bosch, Flymo, JCB and others.
So for most people we would say that a cordless hedge trimmer would be the best way to go, it’s just allot easier to use. A re-chargeable model should be fine for most users although petrol is best if you are going to be using the hedge trimmer allot and don’t have time to keep re-charging, in this instance though you could go for a wired electric model if you can reach, check the length of the cable before buying. The top brands that sell these hedge trimmers are JCB, Black & Decker, Flymo, Bosch and many others.