Welcome to the Hedge Trimmers page, here we have a guide to buying hedge trimmers online in the UK. All of the popular models are covered here including cordless, electric and petrol trimmers from brands such as Black & Decker, Flymo, Bosch, JCB and many others.
When buying a hedge trimmer there are a couple of main features that you have to choose from, these are whether it is cordless and has no wire and what powers it, petrol or electric. If the trimmer is cordless and powered by electricity then it will have a battery, these generally last around 40 minutes to an hour and don’t take too long to charge, having a cordless hedge trimmer has obvious advantage over the wired ones such as manoeuvrability and the ability to get to further away hedges. Petrol hedge trimmers take the ability to move to a greater level, if you are going to be using it for an extended period of time then a petrol model will help, they are more expensive though. One other aspect that is important is the weight of the trimmer, the lighter it is the easier it will be to manoeuvre and the safer the operation will be.
- 34 mm tooth spacing with sawing function enables cutting of branches that do not fit in between the teeth for a more thorough cut
- Ergonomic design for comfortable and easy hedgecutting without tiring arms
- Ergonomic handles with soft grip and see-through hand guard ensures a safe working position and effortless use
- Tillable cutting head for ergonomic working
- Blade made of laser-cut and diamond ground steel
- Adjustable, extendable aluminium telescopic handle (50 cm)
- Shoulder strap with quick-release
- Sturdy cutter guard for storage and transportation
- 18v 1.6Ahr NiMH Battery
- 25cm Cutting width; Cord diameter 1.5 mm; Battery voltage 18 V.
- Rotatable head for edging
- Single automatic line feed head
- Features: Battery pack voltage: DC 3.6V 1.3Ah LI-ON battery, No load speed: 1000 RPM, Battery charging time: 3-5 hours, Max Running time: 50 mins, 2 Changeable blades, Safety switch, Lightweight, Ergonomic Non-slip handle, GS/CE/EMC/ROHS approved, British standard plug
- Materials: ABS Plastic cover, Steel blade
- Dimensions: H9 x L31.5 x W12.5cm, Grass cutter blade: 70mm, Hedge trimmer blade: 110mm
- Weight: 1.5kg
- Please Note: A 12 month warranty is offered on this item Delivery Information: This item should take 3-5 working days for delivery. A signature will be required upon delivery. For more information please check the delivery section.
- Lightweight at 2.5 kg, ergonomic design
- Powerful 420 W Bosch motor
- Ergonomic design with soft-grip handle
- Diamond ground blades for a clean, precise cut
- Complete with protective blade cover when not in use
Last update on 2017-11-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Safety is an important aspect of hedge trimmers, all models have a two handed operating mechanism where if one hand is released the trimmer will stop, this happens very quickly and is very important. Some models also have hand guards to stop flying debris attached which is useful, you can get models that are completely covered but they are not very common. It is also advised to use eye protection for safe usage if this equipment and to make sure you are in a stable position and that there are no other people near by.
There are lots of other features available with hedge trimmers, these include dual action blades which reduce vibration to a minimum and enable the cutting of thicker branches, the blades are also important as laser cut and diamond ground blades give a clean and healthy cut. The top brands that sell hedge trimmers offer a variety of these features, these include Black & Decker, Bosch, Flymo, JCB and others.
So for most people we would say that a cordless hedge trimmer would be the best way to go, it’s just allot easier to use. A re-chargeable model should be fine for most users although petrol is best if you are going to be using the hedge trimmer allot and don’t have time to keep re-charging, in this instance though you could go for a wired electric model if you can reach, check the length of the cable before buying. The top brands that sell these hedge trimmers are JCB, Black & Decker, Flymo, Bosch and many others.