Welcome to the Garden Buildings page, this is our guide to buying wooden, metal and plastic garden buildings such as sheds, greenhouses, gazebos, playhouses, summerhouses, cabins and many others.
Garden Buildings are very popular in the UK for storage and recreation, the most popular garden buildings are sheds, greenhouses and playhouses. An important thing to remember is that when you buy most of these products online they will come flat packed and will need to be erected in a professional manner, this can be quite a task so you need to make sure you have the necessary skills available for the job. Most garden buildings also need a suitable base so make sure that if you do not have a base already that you arrange for one to be installed in your garden. The most common material used to make outdoor buildings in the UK is wood, wooden garden buildings look nice and are well suited to our climate. Wooden furniture does need treating on a regular basis though to keep it in good condition, once a year is recommended for most wooden garden buildings but this can vary.
- Ideal outdoor storage solution for garden tools, equipment and x2 240 L wheelie bins
- Elegant wood affect panels with a piston-assisted lid and wide opening doors and a 1200 L capacity
- Heavy-duty floor with main door bolt and secondary foot bolt for secure closure
- Durable, weather-resistant design - no maintenance or fading
- Assembled external dimensions: 145.5 x 82 x 125 cm (L x W x H); internal dimensions: 132 x 76 x 110 cm (L x W x H)
- Ideal outdoor storage box for garden tools and games, furniture cushions and other accessories
- Decorative wood-panel style finishing with 270 L capacity keeping all items ventilated and dry
- Built-in handles and rollers for easy patio movement and can hold up to 200 kg on its lid
- Made of durable, weather-resistant and maintenance fade-free plastic
- Assembled external dimensions: 117 x 45 x 57.5 cm (L x W x H); internal dimensions: 116.5 x 44.8 x 57.3 cm (L x W x H)
- Ideal outdoor storage solution for garden tools and equipment, BBQ and accessories and x2 120L wheelie bins
- Elegant wood effect panels that opens from the top or the front and with a lockable feature for secure closure
- Heavy-duty floor with built-in support for shelving and 845 L capacity
- Durable, weather-resistant design - no maintenance or fading
- Assembled dimensions: 130 x 74 x 110 cm (L x W x H) ; internal dimensions: 121 x 64 x 100 cm (L x W x H)
- Ideal for all your storage needs, indoor or outdoors.Sophisticated styling - wood look panels
- Lockable lid, lock not included
- All weather, maintenance free
- Comfortably seats two adults
- Easy to assemble
- Premium Roofing Felt
- Colour: Green Mineral
- Provides Roof Protection & Durability
- Please Note: All felt rolls supplied are to suit the BillyOh range sizes, if you are buying to fit to another building please check that the rolls will be suitable before ordering as requirement may differ
- See Product Description For Postcode Restrictions
Last update on 2018-02-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The most popular garden building is the shed, sheds are normally wooden but you can also get metal and plastic versions. There are many things to keep in mind when buying a shed, the first is the type of roof. An apex roof meets in the middle at the top with either side sloping downwards to each side of the shed, this means that no water will collect on top of the shed as it will just run down the slope of the shed. Apex roofs are the most popular but you can also get other types, these include pent sheds which have just one slope which is less steep and covers the whole roof of the shed. The other consideration you have to keep in mind is the size of the shed, there are lots of different sizes available so you have to decide how big the shed you need should be, this comes down to how much space you have in your garden and also the cost of the shed, the smaller sheds are cheaper than the bigger ones. You can also get sheds with bigger doors, some have double doors enabling you to store large items in your shed. The other thing to consider is shed security, as the shed will be outdoors you have to make sure that it is secure to avoid items such as your lawn mower and tools from being stolen. Some sheds come with security items such as locks and you can also buy separate security devices, a padlock is normally enough but if you have expensive equipment then it is recommended that you buy separate security equipment.
Greenhouses are very popular garden buildings enabling people to grow fruit and vegetables in a warn environment. Greenhouses are similar to sheds in the way they will need a base and will have to be erected when you buy one, they are also of a similar size to the average shed. There are also various shapes and sizes available with greenhouses, most have apex roofs and most stand alone but some are designed to be built next to a wall and are called lean-to greenhouses. Mini greenhouses are also popular, they are small greenhouses which hold a small amount of plants but requite much less space and maintenance. The frame of the greenhouse is also an important feature to consider, most have metal frames as they require less maintenance but you can get wooden frames, these require treating but do have a nice traditional look.
Playhouses are also very popular in the UK, they are great for kids to store outdoor toys in and for kids to generally play in. There are a huge variety of playhouses available, they range from the simple small playhouse to large, elevated playhouses which look very impressive and kids will love. Some playhouses also have features built in like windows and ladders, some playhouses also have built in toys such as a slide or sandpit. The playhouses with slides are generally elevated models, these have a ladder leading up to the playhouse with the slide running down at another side of the playhouse, these are great fun and kids love them.
Summerhouses are also very popular and are of a similar nature to the playhouse, they are generally larger and designed for adults to relax in. Summerhouses also have features like windows and doors but generally have more windows, as summerhouses are larger they are more expensive than playhouses but some are very large, enough for a separate room or home office to be created in. With summerhouses the designs and sizes vary allot and accordingly so do the prices, you can get cheap summerhouses but they are generally small. The designs vary allot with the traditional wooden design being the most popular, most have apex roofing and have a door at the front with a lock, additional security can be purchased if necessary.
So there are a few things to consider when buying a garden building, the main aspects being the size of the building and the space and base that will need. The material is also an important consideration, wooden buildings are very popular due to their traditional appearance but wooden buildings will need treating, metal and plastic buildings do not need treating so if you like the look of their design then they are a good choice. If you are looking for a cheap deal then have a shop around at the main garden shops (see the links at the top of the page), these often have some cheap special offers where a good offer can be found.