Welcome to the Barbecues page, this is our guide to buying a barbecue online in the UK, these include gas and charcoal barbecues from brands such as Weber, Outback, George Foreman and many others.
Barbecues are very popular in the British summer, when the weather is good there’s nothing nicer than having friends and family visit and having a barbecue in the garden or on the patio. There are many different types of barbecue available, the main two are the gas and charcoal barbecues and these also vary coming with all kinds of grills and cooking areas. There are also other varieties available, you can get DIY barbecues that you build yourself with bricks for support, these look great once they are built but do take some effort to build, they also need to be properly covered and located in a safe place, usually at the side of the patio. Other varieties of barbecue include the chimenea and the fire pit, a chimenea is a large enclosed barbecue which also functions as a patio heater, these look great on the patio and have a nice traditional design.
- Direct and / or indirect grilling - mobile, light-weight and compact - long cooking chamber
- wooden working surface in a comfortable height - lateral firebox for heating up
- 2 cooking chambers - large and robust enamelled cooking grids - 3 ash grates - Thermometer for heat control
- Ventilation valves for oxygen regulation - large enamelled cooking surfaces - Chimney for exhaust air + drip pan at the bottom
- easy to clean after usage - large storage place at the bottom - working place at the upper side - compact & mobile with 2 wheels - Measures: (LxDxH): 115 cm x 58 cm x 104 cm - Working surface in height of 75 cm - Cooking chamber length: 61 cm - Weight: 15 kg
- Enamelled firebowl and lid
- Chrome-plated ventilation discs
- Chrome-plated cooking grill
- The item comes manufacturer boxed and will indicate on the packaging what the contents are
- 2 weather-resistant wheels
- This Large Barbecue Can Cater For Even The Biggest Party or Family Gathering. This Package also Includes the Following Utensils- Fork, Spatula & Tongs
- The Large Cooking Area and Removable Mini Smoker Underneath Enable you to Grill Directly or Indirectly. This Allows you to Cook The Most Delicious Food However you Prefer
- Assembly is Made Easy with Our Customised Instructions - Parts are Clearly Labelled In Blister Packs
- This Barbecue Comes with the Usual Quality You Can Expect from Charles Jacobs - Black Powder Coated Steel, Cool-Touch Handles, Two Wheels for Easy Mobility, Handy Wooden Work-top, and Metal Storage Rack
- Overall Dimensions: Total Width: 105cm, Total Height: 95.5cm, Total Depth: 63cm. Cooking Grill: 70 x 35cm. Warming Grill: 64 x 20cm.
- Includes: 6 x Stainless Steel Burners 14kW multi-cooking burners. Individual Burners Ignited individually • Cupboard with storage space for accessories
- 1 x Side burner with Lid. Fully removable Grease Tray
- 2 x Cooking Grills with stamped enamel finish. 1 x Full length Side table
- Thermometer to monitor cooking temperature. 4 x Castor wheels. 2 with Brakes.
- Double Layered BBQ Hood with Aluminium Inside layer. Gross Weight: 43kgs
- Grill surface: 2x approx. 41,5 x 27,5 cm
- Powder-coated lid with stainless steel handle and thermometer
- Enamelled charcoal grate, height adjustable with crank mechanism
Last update on 2018-02-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
One of the most popular types of barbeque is the gas BBQ, these are powered by a gas cylinder that you buy separately and will have to be replaced when your gas cylinder runs out. Gas BBQ’s are popular because they offer the same cooking stability that is offered by indoor cooking, you can regulate the temperature on the grills making the cooking much more accurate and easier. Gas BBQ’s come with burners, these are the cooking areas with the grills and each burners temperature can be altered as necessary, each grill has one burner. The number of burners that a gas BBQ has varies between models, there are models with 2, 3, 4 and 6 burners available. The amount of burners that you will need depends on the amount of cooking you will need to do, gas BBQ’s with more than 4 burners are generally only needed if you are cooking for allot of people. There are several accessories that sometimes come with a gas BBQ, these include shelves, a hinged lid and a kebab cooker, these all add to the gas BBQ. Some gas BBQ’ also have a stainless steel vaporiser bar which gives a more traditional Stainless steel vaporiser bars flavour, some also have an angled griddle for improved fat drainage. The good thing about a gas BBQ is that they are easier to maintain, they are easy to clean as the cooking surfaces are more controlled. The main manufacturers of gas BBQ’s are Weber and Outback, there are also some models made by George Foreman.
The other type of popular BBQ is the charcoal BBQ, this is the traditional methods of barbecuing where the food is cooked on real hot charcoals and offers the traditional smoked taste. Charcoal BBQ’s are cheaper to buy as they are not as complicated as the gas BBQ’s, they are also cheaper to run as the charcoal does not cost much and one bag is usually enough for one BBQ. There are also some accessories to look out for when buying a charcoal BBQ, these include shelves which are useful for storing hot food and cooking tools. There are many manufacturers that make charcoal barbecues, the biggest brands are Weber and Outback but there are lots more, most shops have own brand models which are cheaper than the branded models.
So when buying a barbecue you basically have to decide if you want a gas or charcoal powered BBQ. The charcoal models are cheap to buy and cheap to run, they also offer the traditional smoked taste. The gas BBQ’s are easier to use and more control is available, they are also easier to maintain and normally have lots of extras such as shelves and special grills. If you are looking for a cheap BBQ then have a look at more than one shop’s web site, there are often cheap special offers available where you can save money. Also consider going for one of the own brand BBQ’s, these are cheaper than the branded versions such as Outback and Weber.