Welcome to the Tumble Dryers page, this is our guide to buying a tumble dryer online in the UK. It includes condenser and vented tumble dryers from brands such as Bosch, Hotpoint, Miele, Creda, Hoover, Zanussi, Whirlpool, AEG, Indesit and Candy.
Tumble dryers are a very common house hold appliance and are used to dry clothes, they look like a washing machine and are of a similar size. Most tumble dryers in the UK are front loading and can hold between 3 and 6 kilograms of clothing, the larger capacity tumble dryers allow the drying of bulky items such as towels and bedding. Tumble dryers work by removing moisture from the clothing, they do this by moving and turning the clothing through hot air and collecting the moisture, the moisture is then disposed of. There are two main types of tumble dryer, these are the vented tumble dryer and the condenser tumble dryer, each type has a different method of removing the water which is described below. There are also lots of brands that make tumble dryers, these include Bosch, Miele, Creda, Hotpoint, Hoover, Indesit, Whirlpool, Zanussi, AEG and Candy.
- Pack of 2, energy saving, softens fabrics
- Clothes come out soft and fluffy
- reduced static and Lint buildup
- Cuts down on Ironing with less wrinkling
- Reduces Dryer time by 25%, Environmentally friendly
- Wash Load: 6.0 kg/ 13.20 lbs
- Washer Spin Speed: 1200 rpm
- Replacement 10 Hole Drum Paddle Lifter
- Quantity: Pack Of 3.
- Fits Models: IWB5113UK, IWB5123UK, IWB6123UK, IWC6125UK, IWC6125SUK, IWC6133UK, IWC6145S, 1WC6145IWC6153, IWC6165S, IWC6165, IWD7145UK, IWD7168, IWE145B, IWE145S, IWB168B, IWE168S, W103UKB, W123SUK, W123UK, W93UKB, WI101, WI101UK, W121, W121UK, WIA101UK, WIA111UK, WIA121, WIB101UK, WIB111UK, WIE147UKTE, WIL103UK, WIL113UK, WIL113UKTE, WIL113UKTEV, WIL113UKTEV, WIL143UKTE, WIXE127UKTEV, WIXL123UK, WIXL123UKI, WIXL123UKTEV, WIXL133UK, WIXL143UK, WIXL143UKTEV, WIXXE127UKR.
- Energy Efficiency: B
- Number of Drying Temps: 2
- Reverse Action: Yes
- Timer: Yes
- Drying Capacity: 7.0 kg/ 15.40 lbs
- 【Excluded locations】Guernsey, JERSEY, Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Scilly Isles, Scottish Islands, PO BOX.
- 【Powerful Machine】The machine runs off 240W power and will take up to 3.6KG capacity for washing and 2KG capacity for spinning.
- 【Easy To Use】Not only is it environmentally friendly but it is also energy saving. Separate timer control settings for wash and spin operations.
- 【Gravity drain Machine, Dimension】59cmL×36cmD×68cmH, Rated Washing Capacity: 3.6kg,Rated Spinner Dryer Capacity: 2kg, Package Include:1×Twin Tub Washing Machine
- 【Widely Use and Suitable Design】This washer is ideal for caravans, student flats and small accommodation where space is limited. The two tubs, one for washing and one for spin drying will be useful to you.
Last update on 2018-03-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Vented tumble dryers work by having a hose attached to the tumble dryer which is then either attached to a wall vent or simply placed out of a window, the moisture as steam then escapes out of the tumble dryer through the hose and then outside and into the atmosphere. Vented tumble dryers have the outlet for the hose in different positions so you need to make sure that it is in a place that you can use to get to a vent or a window, the outlet could be at the back, side or front of the tumble dryer although some models do have more than one outlet. The advantage of a vented tumble dryer is that they are easy to run, once they have been connected to the hose and the moisture can escape properly then it requires little maintenance. There are many manufacturers that make vented tumble dryers including Hotpoint, Bosch, Zanussi, Creda, Miele, Indesit, Hoover, Whirlpool, AEG and Candy.
Condenser tumble dryers work by collecting the moisture inside the machine which has to be emptied on a regular basis, the advantage of this is that you do not need to vent the machine so condenser tumble dryers are best when space is an issue of there simply not a way of getting the hose to a vent or window. Condenser tumble dryers are made by lots of manufacturers such as Hotpoint, Candy, Bosch, Creda, Zanussi, Whirlpool, Indesit, Hoover, AEG and Miele.
Another aspect of the tumble dryer to look out for are the programmes available, some dryers have a sensor that can sense how dry the clothes are and then stop drying when the clothes are dry, these sensor tumble dryers are very popular as they make it allot easier to dry the clothes and it also makes sure that you do not over so the drying. Some sensor tumble dryers also have more than one programme, you normally select the rough weight of your washing and the sensor dryer will use the appropriate levels of heat, sensor tumble dryers also save you money as they will stop when the clothes are dry and not waste energy. some tumble dryers also have other programmes such as easy iron, woolen and delicate clothing programmes, these are great if you have delicate clothing and the easy iron really does make the ironing allot easier.
The way that the tumble dryers spin is also important, most of the cheaper models are unidirectional which means that they only spin one way. The tumble dryers that spin in both directions are called reverse action tumble dryers, reverse action dryers are better because they remove creases from the clothes better and help to untangle stubborn clothing.
So there are a few things to consider when buying a tumble dryer, the most important is whether to have a vented model or a condenser model. The condensers are better if you do not have space or cannot reach an outside point, the vented models are better if you can get the hose outdoors as they will then not need any emptying. A sensor tumble dryer is also very good as they save time and money on the energy bills, an easy iron programme is also useful. A reverse action tumble dryer is also good as they move the clothing around better and help to remove creases making ironing easier so getting a dryer with a sensor and the reverse action will help allot. If you are looking for a cheap tumble dryer then it’s a good idea to shop around, lot’s of the top shops offer cheap special offers where you can find a cheap tumble dryer and save allot of money. There are lots of brands that sell tumble dryers including Hotpoint, Zanussi, Bosch, Indesit, Creda, Candy, Whirlpool, AEG, Hoover and Miele.