Welcome to the Microwaves page, this is our guide to buying a microwave oven online including combination microwaves from brands such as Sharp, Panasonic, LG, Breville, Samsung, Whirlpool, Sanyo, Neff and many others.
Microwave ovens are a cooking appliance that are used to heat up food or drinks, there are three main types of microwaves which are the standard microwave oven, the microwave with a grill and the combination microwave oven. The standard microwave oven can heat food and drinks but cannot grill or cook, they are great for re-heating food or preparing ready meals. For proper cooking and grilling you will need either a microwave with a grill or a combination microwave, these combination microwaves can cook and grill and also have the heating ability of standard microwaves. One advantage of microwave ovens is that they are cheap, they are much cheaper than cookers and with a combination microwave you can do cook anything that could be cooked in a normal oven. Microwaves are also small so if space is an issue then a microwave is a good option, their size also makes them portable so they are ideal for flats or places where a cooker could not fit. There are many manufacturers that make microwaves and they include Sharp, LG, Panasonic, Breville, Sanyo, Whirlpool, Samsung, Neff and many others, the most popular brands are Panasonic and Sharp.
- The RHM1714B is a practical and stylish everyday microwave. This model has a silver mirror finish door and black housing
- The RHM1714B offers 700W power output, a 17L capacity and is easy to use with its button and dial operating system
- Amongst it's features this microwave offers; Auto Cook options, 5 power levels, weight defrost settings & a digital clock/timer display
- The glass turntable is 24.5cm in diameter & is easy to clean
- Our customer service team are available to assist with any queries you may have regarding this product on our customer helpline
- The Russell Hobbs RHM2031 microwave has a sleek and professional design. As well as an appealing look, this appliance also includes impressive functionality, with 800 watts of microwave power and a 1000 watt grill providing quick and convenient cooking in your home.
- The RHM2031 from Russell Hobbs is a 20 litre cavity capacity microwave, comfortably fitting a standard size of dinner plate. It comes with a removable and dishwasher safe glass turn-table for easy cleaning.
- Pre-programmed auto cook menus, such as pizza (reheat), fish, and popcorn, allow you to cook all your favourite foods at the push of a button. What's more, there's automatic defrost settings meaning all you have to do is input the weight of the food, and the microwave selects the ideal defrost time, saving you time and effort. Moreover, combination setting and 5 microwave power levels enable tailoring of your cooking experience.
- Additional features include a handy digital clock and count-down timer, and for added peace of mind, the RHM2031 comes with a child safety lock option, preventing young children from being able to open the microwave door.
- The Russell Hobbs RHM2076 features a mirror door finish
- 800 W of microwave power, providing quick and convenient cooking
- 20 L cavity capacity, which comfortably fits a standard dinner plate and the glass turn-table is removable for easy cleaning, and is also dishwasher safe.
- Additional features include pre-programmed auto cook menus such as pizza, fish and popcorn, allowing you to cook at the push of a button
- Child safety lock option prevents young children from being able to open the microwave door
- Bright, colourful retro design
- Zero standby function reduces energy consumption
- Ensures even cooking results with concave reflex system
- Automatic programmes take the guess work out of cooking
- Automatically defrosts your food hygienically
- Black, solo, digital 26 Litre, 900 Watt microwave oven
- 10 Microwave power output levels
- Auto defrost
- Autocook menus
- Features a clock
Last update on 2018-03-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Microwave ovens work by using micro-waves, these micro-waves are radio waves that are emitted by the microwave. An interesting feature of these micro-waves is that they are absorbed by the food or drink but materials such as plastic, metal and ceramics do not absorb the micro-waves so will not be hot when they are removed, metal reflects micro-waves which is why they are not good for use in microwaves.
The main type of microwave is the standard microwave, these can heat up food and drinks but cannot cook. There are many uses for a standard microwave such as heating, re-heating cooked food, defrosting and cooking ready meals, they are very convenient as they heat food or drinks in very short times. The good thing about standard microwaves is that they are very cheap, they are much cheaper than cookers with the cheapest being around £30. There are many manufacturers that make standard microwaves and they include Panasonic, Breville, Sharp, LG, Sanyo, Samsung, Whirlpool, Neff and many others.
The next level up with microwaves is the microwave with a grill, the grill allows you to grill food and also use the grill with the microwave so that you can brown and crisp food that you are preparing.
The top level of microwave oven is the combination microwave, this is a microwave that has all of the standard features, a grill and a convection oven, the convection oven uses hot air to cook food in the same way that a convection cooker cooks food. These combination microwaves are great as they can do anything a normal cooker can do, they can cook, grill, roast and bake and can also re-heat food. These combination microwaves are more expensive than normal microwave ovens but when you consider that you will not need a cooker then they are very cheap, they are also great for saving space as the combination microwaves are much smaller then normal cookers. There are many manufacturers that offer combination microwave ovens and they include Panasonic, Sanyo, Sharp, Breville, Whirlpool, Samsung, LG, Neff and many others.
One thing to consider when buying a microwave oven is size, the capacity of the microwave dictates how much food can be fitted inside of the microwave. The capacity of the microwave is measured in cubic feet, the larger the number the larger the capacity of the microwave oven will be. There are two standard sizes of microwave which are compact and family sized, the compact microwaves are smaller and are better when you generally cook small dishes and the family sized microwaves are larger and better for when you are cooking for more people. The family sized microwaves have more space which allows you to cook multiple items at any one time, family sized microwaves also allow you to cook large items such as Sunday roasts or large stews.
The power of the microwave is also an important factor, the power is measured in Watts and the more Watts the microwave has the more powerful the microwave will be. The more powerful microwaves will heat food and drink more quickly so it is best to buy the most powerful microwave that you can afford, the more powerful microwaves are a little more expensive but it is generally worth the extra money spent.
There are also other features to look out for, one useful feature is multiple sequence cooking which means the microwave will carry out several steps to cooking your food in the order you specify. This means that you can set the microwave to first defrost the food and then cook the food, this is convenient and will also save time. Another useful feature is a cooking sensor, this sensor detects when food is cooked by analysing food moisture or microwave humidity.
So if you are buying a microwave online then there are a few things to think about, the most important is the style of microwave that you choose, standard, standard with a grill or the combination microwave. The capacity and power of the microwave are also important, you may also prefer a specific brand such as Sharp, Whirlpool, Sanyo, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, Breville, Neff or others. Microwaves are also cheap, you can find the cheapest deals by having a good shop around as many of the online shops have cheap prices and also run cheap special offers and deals where money can be saved.