Welcome to the Digital Cameras page, this is our guide to buying digital cameras online in the UK. There are many brands that offer digital cameras, these include Sony, Canon, Olympus, Fuji, Nikon, Kodak, Casio, Minolta, Panasonic, Praktica, Medion, Samsung and Pentax.
Digital cameras are very popular in the UK, this is due to the excellent quality of the pictures produced and the low cost of using a digital camera. Digital cameras used to be expensive but are now very cheap, you can buy cheap digital cameras easily by shopping around and looking for cheap special offers. The most popular digital cameras that people buy are from brands such as Sony, Olympus, Canon, Fuji, Kodak, Nikon, Medion, Casio, Panasonic, Minolta, Praktica, Samsung and Pentax.
- Digital compact camera with 5x optical zoom, a 26mm wide-angle lens, a 20.1MP sensor, & SteadyShot
- Super HAD CCD 20.1MP sensor
- 5x optical zoom
- Capture everything with a wide-angle lens
- Digital compact camera with 5x optical zoom
- 18.2 MP Exmor R CMOS sensor
- G Lens with 20x optical zoom.Input and output terminals multi/micro USB terminal*8 , hi-speed USB (USB2.0), micro HDMI
- NFC one-touch Wi-Fi sharing and control
- Pixel Super Resolution technology analyses each pixel and up scales images restoring detail at zoom
- 18.2 MP Exmor R CMOS sensor
- Super HAD CCD 20.1 MP sensor
- Sony lens with 5x optical zoom.Focus Range (From the Front of the Lens),iAuto: AF (W: approx. 5cm to infinity, T: approx. 60cm to infinity), Program Auto: AF (W: approx. 5cm to infinity, T: approx. 60cm to infinity)
- HD video capability for enhanced videos and pictures
- Sweep Panorama to capture the whole scene
- Get creative with picture effect
- Capture stunning faraway detail using this tiny, pocketable 25x zoom camera with HS System.Compatible with iOS versions 8.4/9.3/10.2. Android smartphone and tablet versions 4.1/4.2/4.3/4.4/5.0/5.1/6.0/7.0/7.1
- Wi-Fi* with NFC and Image Sync make it simple to connect to your smart device, capture shots remotely, then share or back up your creations
- Make the most of the incredible zoom and effortlessly record steady, shareable Full HD movies with Auto Zoom and Dynamic IS
- Just point and shoot to capture fantastic photos or movies with Hybrid Auto and Intelligent IS
- Digital Camera PowerShotSX620 HSWrist Strap WS-800Battery Pack NB-13LBattery Charger CB-2LHEAC CableUser Manual Kit
Last update on 2017-11-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
A digital camera works just like a normal camera, the big difference is that a digital camera does not use film, it stores all of the photos inside the camera. This can either be on the camera’s internal memory or with a separate memory card, these memory cards vary in size but you can get large ones that hold hundreds of photos. The amount of photos that you can store on the digital camera also depends on the quality for the pictures you are taking, the higher the resolution of the pictures the more room they will take up on the memory card.
The main thing to look for is the maximum resolution that the digital camera can use when taking photographs, the higher the resolution the better the quality of the pictures will be. The resolution of digital cameras is normally stated in mega pixels, a mega pixel means 1 million pixels so a 5 mega pixel digital camera will have a resolution of 5 million pixels, this is the amount of pixels that are used to make up a photo. The higher the mega pixel rating the better quality the picture will be, this means that the picture will be more detailed and will have a larger file size. You can see the better quality of the picture by zooming in using some computer software (Windows XP can do this), when you zoom in on a low quality picture it will become blocky and blurred quickly, a picture taken on a high mega pixel digital camera will be able to zoom in close and see fine detail in high quality. The most popular mega pixel cameras have 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 mega pixels, there are also cameras with higher mega pixel values but these are quite expensive, if you want a cheap mega pixel digital camera then buy a camera with 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 mega pixels. Lots of manufacturers offer cameras with a high mega pixel rating, these include Canon, Nikon, Sony, Fuji, Kodak, Casio, Medion, Panasonic, Minolta, Olympus, Praktica, Samsung and Pentax.
Most digital cameras also have a built in video recorder, this works just like a camcorder enabling you to record video with your digital camera easily. This is a great bonus and saves having to buy a camcorder, the fast that the digital camera has a video recorder built in means you are getting a great deal, very cheap when you consider the money you are saving by not having to buy a camcorder. The amount of video that you can record depends on the size of the memory card you are using and the quality of the video you are recording, most memory cards will hold quite allot of video though.
Once you have taken your photographs then you have several choices with what you can do with them. The most popular choice is to transfer them onto your computer, most computers with Windows XP will automatically recognise your digital camera when you connect it to your computer with the USB cable that comes with the camera. Once the pictures are on your computer you can them print them, you will need a photo quality printer for this and also some good quality paper, you can get special glossy paper for this which makes your photos look just like they have been developed professionally. When the photographs are on your computer you can also do other things with then, you can edit them if you have appropriate software or you can email them to friends and family, you could also just store them on your computer for viewing at any future date.
A recent addition to the digital camera market is the digital camera dock printer, this is a small printer that allows you to print your photographs directly from the camera. The camera sits on top of the dock printer and is connected via a small socket, the dock printer then reads the information on the camera so you can choose which photos you would like to print. The printer docks have high quality glossy paper that comes with the dock, you will need to buy more when the paper runs out and you will also have to replace the ink when that runs out. There are lots of manufacturers that make digital cameras and docks, many offer the dock as part of the package with the digital camera. These brands include HP, Canon, Kodak and others.
Another recent addition is the dual screen digital camera which has an LCD screen on the front and makes taking self portraits allot easier.
So if you want to buy a digital camera we recommend that you shop around, most of the top shops have some great cheap special offers so have a look around. The top shops are listed at the top of this page, they include the big high street shops like Argos, Comet, Currys and Dixons. We recommend that you buy a digital camera with the highest mega pixel rating you can afford, this will give better quality photos. Most people also prefer to buy from a specific brand, the most popular are Sony, Kodak, Olympus, Nikon, Medion, Fuji, Casio, Panasonic, Canon, Praktica, Minolta, Samsung and Pentax.