Welcome to the Alarm Clocks page, this is our guide to buying an alarm clock and features alarm clocks with a digital DAB radio, CD player, snooze functions, a projector and much more from brands such as Sony, Hitachi, Goodmans, Philips, Roberts, Pure and many others.
Alarm clocks are an essential bedroom device for many people, they are electronic devices that play music or a buzzer sound to wake people up at a set time. The level of quality and features found in alarm clocks vary quite allot, the more cheap models will have a buzzer and many have a radio with the better models having a digital radio with DAB technology and a CD player so that you can choose how you would like to be awoken, by buzzer, digital DAB radio or your favourite CD. Alarm clocks also have a large visible clock at the front so that you can see the time when you wake up, you can usually alter the display so that it is no so bright if you need to. There are lots of styles and designs available with alarm clocks, white, silver and black are popular choices and there are also many manufacturers that make alarm clocks including Sony, Goodmans, Hitachi, Philips, Pure, Roberts and lots of others.
- EASY READ DISPLAY - Bold Numbers is legible available to be read through the 4.5 inch LCD display; Multi functions showing Time, Alarm time, Date, Day and Temperature
- SIMPLE SETTING - Just slide and press to setup; Convertible ℉ / ℃ , 12Hr / 24Hr with simple operation. Therefore perfect for children and seniors.
- LIGHT SENSOR ACTIVATED SOFT BACKLIGHT - Turn On Sensor, Sensor light automatically comes on when it's dark around. Sensor light is soft ( adjustable 2 levels brightness), making you sleep easily or see time from a distance hands free. It can also be closed. If bright back light needed, please press light button to use nightlight, which lasts 5 seconds.
- ASCENDING AWAKE ALARM WITH SNOOZE - Four steps crescendo alarm, Ascending "beeping" alarm for gentle wake; Snooze repeats every 8 minutes (Touch "Snooze" button)
- BATTERY OPERATED - This clock powered by battery, you can place it anywhere. Requires 3 AAA battery (not included).
- ❤GENTLY WAKE UP: The wake up light alarm clock comes with SUNRISE & SUNSET MODE. In sunrise mode, wake up light will brighten gradually from 1% to 100% during 30 minutes before the alarm time, which makes you wake up gently. In sunset mode, the light will dim and turn off gradually, which makes you into sleep softly.
- ❤LED 7 COLORS & ADJUSTABLE BRIGHTNESS: Hotweild wake up lights adopt special 7 colors design(Warm white, green, red, blue, yellow, purple, light blue can be selected) LED colored mood light create fascinating atmosphere. Besides, the warm white LED comes with 10 brightness settings(other 6 colors are not adjustable).
- ❤6 NATURAL SOUNDS & FM RADIO: Hotweild alarm clock has 7 sounds can be selected, which including 6 natural sounds(such as frogs, water sounds, birds, waves etc.) and FM radio sound. The natural sounds makes you feel in the nature and wake you up gently at mean time the alarm clock has snooze mode, you can continue your sweet dreams. FM radio mode frequency is from 88-108mHZ, which covers more than 40 channels.
- ❤UNIQUE QUALITY & DESIGN: Hotweild alarm clock built-in 9 warm white LED and 9 RGB LED, except excellent quality hotweild also adopt intimate charging design, which has three convenient way: Micro USB, Plug and 3*AAA battery(not include). PS: when you use batteries, the light will not on. The manual book offers all operation details.
- ❤FREE RISK: Hotweild offers all the valuable customers 1 year warranty(Since purchase date). This hotweild wake up light alarm clock comes with alarm clock, besides lamp, night light, atmosphere light and FM radio, which is the unique choice as gift to your lover, family or friends in unique days (Christmas, Valentine's Day, Birthday and so on.)
- Temperature range: -50°C~+70°C, resolution: 0.1°C. Humidity range: 10%~99% RH, resolution: 1% RH.
- Alarm clock function, selectable hourly chime, min/max temp & humidity memory,
- High accuracy ±0.5°C / ±3%-5%RH
- Large, easy to read, LCD display - low power consumption. Can be wall mounted or stood on a desk with the integrated stand.
- Simultaneously displays year, month, day, hour, minute, temperature and humidity on one screen.
- The writing is in BLACK colour
- 7 Day Pill Dispenser
- Simple Reminder For Medication
- Size: 15 x 3 x 1.5 cm
- 【Sunrise Light Simulation Wake Up】30 minutes before your alarm time, the wake up light brighten from 0% of brightness to 100% gradually and bring you out of a deep sleep gently. The natural sound or radio will be played for 5 minutes at the alarm time, bringing you a fresh morning
- 【Sunset Light Simulation Help Sleeping】You can use it as a Bedside Light,while brightness reducing smoothly from 100% to 0% in setting time to help sleep
- 【Automatic FM Radio】All available FM channels can be scanned and saved automatically . You can select a FM radio you really like as a wake up sound via press the "♫" button ;15 levels of sound volume can be adjustable
- 【Basic Function】Intensity of time display adjustable:LOW-HIGH-OFF; 6 Nature sounds,7 different colors of light and 10 white light brightness selectable; Large Full Width Snooze Button; 3 Charging Methods:USB charger,Wall Jack, 1x CR2032 Backup Battery, in case of electricty failure this will be used to save the settings
- 【WHAT YOU GET】Exquisite Sunrise Alarm Clock, a charging cable, a Power Adapter, quick start guide,our worry-free 24-month warranty and free life-time technical support and professional after-sales Team, which make your purchase absolutely risk-free
Last update on 2017-09-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Nearly all alarm clocks have a radio, radio alarm clocks need to be tuned in before you set the alarm so that when the radio alarm clock turns on at your specified time it will be ready to play the radio station of your choice. Most radio alarm clocks have the FM and AM radio bands, some also have the LW radio band but most just have the FM and AM bands. One new technology currently available is DAB technology, DAB radio is digital radio which is of a much higher quality than normal radio and does not need tuning, DAB radio is of a similar quality to digital television. Another useful feature to look out for is the amount of presets the radio alarm clock has, this states the amount of radio stations it can store for easy access, most radio alarm clocks have around 20 presets. There are lots of brands that sell radio alarm clocks and they include Hitachi, Sony, Goodmans, Pure, Philips, Roberts and others.
Another nice feature is a CD player, if the alarm clock has a CD player then you will be able to set the alarm to play the CD when it comes on in the morning. This is very nice as you can choose what you want to listen to as you wake and this is not as surprising as a buzzer of even the radio where you do not know what will be playing, with a CD you can choose the exact song that you would like to wake up with. The CD players that come with alarm clocks have lots of useful features, they usually have random play or you can program the CD player to play songs in the exact order that you would like, this is normally what you have to do if you want to choose exact songs to wake up with.
There are also other features to look out for with alarm clocks, most are powered by the mains but it is useful if they have battery back up, this way if there is a power cut then the alarm will still work in the morning. Snooze functions are also very useful, these allow you to sleep for a little longer before the alarm starts again, there is usually a snooze button on the alarm clock. Another cool feature is the projector, projector alarm clocks project the time onto any nearby surface such as a wall, the projected image is very large and looks cool. Most alarm clocks also have a headphone socket so that you can listen to music quietly, remember to unplug the headphones though after use or you may not hear the alarm in the morning!
So when buying an alarm clock there are a few things to look out for, DAB digital radio and a CD player are great as they give you a choice of what to wake up to in the morning. Most alarm clocks have a buzzer and even the cheap alarm clocks usually have a radio, it is often worth paying the little extra though to get a good quality DAB digital radio or a CD player. There are also other features that are useful, these include a snooze button and a projector. There are also lots of manufacturers that make alarm clocks and they include Pure, Hitachi, Sony, Goodmans, Philips, Roberts and others. If you are looking for a cheap alarm clock then it is best to have a shop around, many of the shops have cheap special offers and deals so finding a cheap alarm clock with a radio or CD player can be quite easy.