Welcome to the Webcams page, here we have a guide to buying a webcam online from brands such as Logitech, Microsoft, Philips, Sony, Creative, Mustek, Trust, D-Link, Linksys and many others. It also includes webcams with digital zoom, clips for positioning the webcam, live video calls, using webcams with MSN, Yahoo and AOL instant messenger software and much more.
Webcams are great, they enable face to face communication over the Internet and are very popular for use with instant message software like the MSN, Yahoo and AOL instant message software. A webcam basically films what you are doing and broadcasts it live to the Internet, you choose who sees the film though as you have to give access to people who want to see you. So if you have a friend who also has a webcam then you can have what seems like a proper conversation, most webcams have a microphone so chatting is easy. The sound comes though your computer speakers with the image being on your computer monitor, you can alter the size of the window you are viewing depending on the quality of the video being received. There are many manufacturers that offer webcams and they include Logitech, Creative, Sony, Microsoft, Mustek, Philips, D-Link, Trust, Linksys and many others.
- Easy HD video calls: HD webcam featuring high-quality video and Audio technology for Skype, FaceTime for Mac, and nearly all other video-calling clients
- High image quality: Fluid, widescreen HD, 720p video calls and recordings
- Elegant photos: USB camera produces crisp, 3 megapixel photos with High-Performance technology
- Unrivalled performance: Enjoy flexibility, performance and fluidity that built-in webcams can't match
- Be heard clearly: The built-in microphone filters out background noise for crystal-clear audio
- Flawless video performance: HD webcam delivers video chat in Full HD 1080p video on Skype or lets you stream yourself gaming in fluid HD 720p on switch TV
- Vibrant recording: Record vibrant, true-to-life HD 1080p video clips that capture the smallest detail and deliver striking images for all your video needs
- Do more with less: Integrated H.264 compression provides more fluid videos in full HD as well as fast and smooth uploads for enhanced video calls and streaming
- Unrivalled performance: Enjoy flexibility, performance and fluidity that built-in webcams cannot match
- Crystal-clear audio: Two microphones on the USB webcam capture natural stereo audio and filter out background noise for purer sound quality
- Full high-definition 720p resolution, 1280 x 720 pixels, Up to 5.0 Mega pixels resolution, Image Capture: 2560*1920 Resolution
- Lens: High Quality 5 layers glass lens, 6 LEDs on both sides of the Len; Auto face tracking, USB 2.0, No driver need
- Built-in USB microphone; Digital, noise-canceling microphone helps improve speech quality
- Manual lens focus:F6.0mm. Focus ranger: from 20mm to limitless far, White balance: Automatic/manual, Expose control: Automatic/Manual
- Supports Windows XP/2000/2003/Vista/Win 7/Win 8
- 1080P True HD video – Publish true HD video to online video sites.
- Built-in USB microphone, ultra-clear audio – Digital, with noise cancellation which helps to improve the voice quality.
- Aluminium body.
- Flexible Stand – Fits any notebook and laptop PC.
- Supports Windows XP/2000/2003/Vista/Win 7.
Last update on 2018-01-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The quality of video that the webcam produces is an important aspect to look for, this is called the resolution and is stated like 640×480. The higher the resolution the higher the quality of video the webcam will produce, as the video that webcams produce will normally be in a small window the resolutions are not normally that high but it’s better to get one with a higher resolution as it will still look better.
There are also lots of cool features that some webcams have, these include the ability to make live video calls, set up a live video monitoring system and much more. Some webcams also have a digital zoom, this means that you can zoom in when using the webcam to show items in better detail. Some webcams also have a clip that attaches to the monitor, these are great as you can aim them so that the camera is always pointing where you require and it also means that the webcam will be steady and not move or fall without you noticing.
Some webcams also double as a digital camera, this means that you can use the webcam to take photos and store them on your PC or send them to friends using the instant message software. Having a digital camera is a nice addition to the webcam, the quality of the camera is not usually as good as that found in proper digital cameras but they are usually quite good.
webcams are easy to set up, they usually have a USB adaptor which you simply plug into your computer. All you have to do then is place the webcam where you wish using the clip or base provided and then run the installation program, this normally comes on an enclosed CD.
So there are a few things to consider when buying a webcam, compatibility with Yahoo. MSN and AOL instant message software is important but most web cams are capable of this. The image resolution is important as are the other features that come with the webcam, a microphone is nearly always included and provides audio communication. If you are looking for a cheap webcam then there are lots of basic models available, lots of the shops also have cheap special offers running on a regular basis so finding a cheap webcam should not be too hard. There are lots of brands that make webcams and they include Logitech, D-Link, Philips, Mustek, Creative, Trust, Microsoft, Sony, Linksys and many others.