Welcome to the Computer Speakers page, this is our guide to buying computer speakers online and includes the cheap, basic speakers, high quality speakers with more power, speakers with a subwoofer and surround sound speaker packages from brands such as Creative, Philips, Sony, Logitech, Goodmans, Labtec and many others.
There are many choices when it comes to buying speakers for your computer, the main choice that people choose are the cheap, basic computer speakers that produce stereo sound. These cheap, basic computer speakers are good enough for most computing tasks such as word processing, using the Internet, playing games or almost anything else you would use computers for. Most computers come with speakers so when people buy them online it is as a replacement for old speakers that have become faulty or worn out, PC speakers are cheap to buy online though so this is not a problem, you can get cheap PC speakers for around £10.
- High audio quality: Multimedia/PC speakers deliver 10 W of peak power for rich, clear stereo and stunning acoustics that fill the room with sound
- Easy-to access controls: Front panel has integrated volume and power controls with headphone plug-in and auxiliary input for easy and convenient sound management
- Customised bass control: Rotate the tone control wheel at the side of the multimedia speakers for added deep bass
- Effortless connectivity: Features 3.5 mm audio input and 3.5 mm auxiliary line input for easy and versatile connectivity
- Ultimate Ears
- 3.5 mm audio input and 3.5 mm auxiliary line
- Integrated controls
- Built-in headphone jack
- Compact speaker size
- Crank up the sound; with 80 W* of peak power, the Z333 delivers powerful, high-quality acoustics across the full frequency range with a deep bass response; *40 W of RMS power
- The front-facing subwoofer with a 13 cm (5 inch) driver produces a deep, powerful bass sound that adds another dimension to your music, movies and games
- Easily command your sound with the wired control pod, featuring power switch, volume adjustment and headphone jack
- Adjust the bass to your needs with the separate control knob at the back of the subwoofer
- 3.5 mm and RCA inputs allow you to conveniently connect almost any device with an audio output, such as a computer, tablet, smartphone - or even a TV
- Small, stylish, compact, and extremely portable; fits easily into your bag or pocket so you can use it on the go.
- Equipped with a 3.5mm audio cable for non-Bluetooth devices (just insert the Micro USB end into the speaker); compatible with all touch screen tablets, smartphones, laptops, iPads, iPhone 5s/5c, and iPods with Bluetooth built-in. Transmission range: 8~10 m (with no obstructions).
- Cylindrical microphone design can reduce background noise during voice calls (speakerphone must be within 20cm).
- Built-in rechargeable lithium battery offers 4-5 hours of playtime and is charged via Micro USB Cable(charging cable included).
- Supports: micro-SD Cards & FM Radio (insert the accompanying USB Charging Cable to receive FM signal)
Last update on 2017-09-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The other reason that people buy computer speakers online is that they want better speakers, often the speakers that come with computers are low quality and some people like high quality, powerful audio from their computer. These are generally people who like to listen to music, watch films or play games where sound is an important aspect of the game, there are lots of quality speakers that you can buy online that are high quality and they come in lots of different types.
The first type is the standard stereo speakers that are just like the cheap, basic speakers but better quality. They also normally have more power so that you can have the sound louder, the power of speakers is measured in watts with the more watts the speakers have the more loud they will be so if you want powerful performance then look for computer speakers with lots of wattage. The higher quality speakers also usually have more control over the sound which is produced by the speakers, you can usually adjust aspects of the sound like the bass and treble levels to get just the sound you want.
The next level up is the high quality speakers that also come with a subwoofer, this is often called a 2.1 package. The 2.1 means that there are two speakers with the .1 representing the subwoofer, 2.1 is used because surround sound speaker packages use this terminology with their 5.1 and 6.1 speaker packages. Subwoofera are more powerful and give much greater levels of bass which really does add to the sound, especially if you are listening to music, watching a film or playing an intense game. Subwoofers are larger than the speakers but they can be placed anywhere in the room, the location of the subwoofer does not alter the sound it produces in relation to the other speakers. Subwoofers also usually have to have a separate volume control which is located on the actual subwoofer and often also need a separate power supply, there are many brands that make these speaker and subwoofer packages such as Goodmans, Sony, Philips, Labtec, Logitech and Creative.
The next level up is the surround sound speaker package, these packages offer surround sound in the same way that home cinema packages offer surround sound for watching films. The 5.1 surround sound speaker packages contain two front speakers which should be placed to the left and right of the computer screen, two rear speakers that should be placed to the left and right behind the viewer and a centre speaker that should be placed as near to the computer screen as possible, above or below is normally fine. These surround sound packages are often described with the 5.1 terminology, 5.1 means that there are 5 speakers (two front, two rear and a centre speaker) and a subwoofer. You can also get 6.1 surround sound packages, the extra speaker in these packages is a centre speaker for the rear, 6.1 packages are not as common as the 5.1 packages though. There are many manufacturers that make these surround sound packages and they include Sony, Logitech, Goodmans, Philips, Creative and Labtec. The placement of the surround sound speakers is important, it is best to get the two front speakers as far apart as possible and a good distance from the centre speaker, this is so that the sounds from the speakers do not sound like they are combined, you will lose the effect if this happens. It is the same with the rear speakers, it is best to get them a good distance apart so that the sounds do not get blurred, the rear speakers should not be too far away from the listener though as they may not be heard, it is the distance between the two rear speakers that is important.
So there are a few things to consider if you are wanting to buy some new speakers for your computer, most people go for the cheap speakers as they offer enough for basic computer use. Then there are a few levels of speaker package that you can choose from, they include higher quality speakers that are more powerful and have more control, high quality speakers that some with subwoofers offering more power and bass and the 5.1 surround sound packages which offer five high quality speakers, a subwoofer and the full surround sound experience. There are also lots of brands that make computers speakers, they include Labtec, Philips, Sony, Creative, Goodmans and Logitech.