Welcome to the Monitors page, this is our guide to buying computer monitors online such as flat screen monitors with TFT and LCD technology and the older style CRT monitors which are more bulky but cheaper. You can get PC monitors in lots of sizes and these include 14, 15, 17, 19 and 20 inch models, you can get even larger ones which are usually for display purposes but these are not as cheap. There are many brands that offer monitors and these include Sony, LG, Panasonic, Philips, Samsung, Acer and many others, there are also several colours available including white, black and silver.
The most popular type of monitor is the flat screen LCD version, LCD stands for Liquid Crystal Display and it is so popular in monitors because they are thinner and lighter and use less power than other types of display. Another abbreviation commonly used with LCD monitors is TFT, this stands for Thin Film Transistor and is a type of LCD display, TFT is very popular among LCD screens because they produce the best resolution (they produce the best quality image) of the flat panel screen technologies. There are many brands that sell LCD monitors and they include Sony, Panasonic, LG, Philips, Acer, Samsung and many others, there are also many sizes and colours available including 14, 15, 17, 19, and 20 inch and some even larger models in black, silver or white.
- DVI EcoDisplay.Ports & Connectors:DVI-in,VGA
- Suitable for home or office
- Stunning picture clarity
- Modern design fits almost anywhere
- Panel type-twisted nematic film. Contrast ratio-100,000,000:1
- Flicker free and low blue light mode (TUV certified)
- Narrow bezel 1.2 cm
- 3000:1 native contrast ratio
- True 8-bit colour performance
- 178/178 degrees wide-viewing angles
- 50,000,000:1 ASUS smart contrast ratio. Asus support line: 01442-265548 for queries related to the product.
- Full HD 1080p (1920 x 1080) support
- Quick response time of 1 ms (GTG) eliminates ghosting and tracers for more fluid video playback
- Aspect control function allows users to select a preferred display mode
- Splendid video Intelligence technology optimises video performance and image fidelity
- Reducing the flicker level to almost zero, Flicker-Safe helps you protect your eyes from exhausting flickers
- Colour revision algorithms are used to help those with colour weakness or who have difficulty distinguishing certain ranges of colours to view all the important content
- Reducing blue light to protect your eyes, Reader Mode provides optimal condition for reading. With just a touch of a button, you can comfortably read on the monitor for longer periods
- On Screen Control and My Display Presets allow you to easily customize monitor settings with a few clicks of a mouse
- 72% Colour Gamut (CIE1976), and anti-glare 3H surface treatment
- Breakthrough picture quality with magic upscale technology
- Watch full 1080p HD video with HDMI
- Ultra slim design with high glossy black finish
- Fast response time
Last update on 2017-11-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
These LCD flat screen monitors are very popular mainly because of the space they can save, they are very thin and generally only a couple of inches thick so can fit into a very small space.They also look allot better than the old CRT monitors, the thin design gives them a sleek appearance which will grace any desk. TFT screens also offer great visibility, they have large viewing angles so that the screen can be seen from almost any direction and they do not reflect light like older monitors so they do not suffer so much in sunny conditions. They are also just as easy to set up as the old style monitors, they are plug and play which means you can just plug the monitor into your computer and it will work straight away. LCD monitors also have various colours of case to choose from, there are white, silver and black models although various shades of white are the most popular.
The other great thing about TFT monitors is that they have come down in price allot so finding a cheap TFT monitor for your PC is easy, the standard 14 and 15 inch models are not much more than the old style monitors these days and offer lots of advantages. Most new computers come with an LCD display but if you have an older computer you can buy a separate LCD monitor easily, many shops sell them individually and offer them at cheap prices, most of the major shops also have regular cheap special offers which are well worth a look as allot of money can be saved. You can get cheap TFT monitors from brands such as Philips, Panasonic, Sony, LG, Samsung, Acer and many more.
One thing to look for when buying a TFT display is the resolution, the higher the resolution basically the higher the quality of the image produced will be. The resolution stated when you are looking at monitors at various web sites will be stated like 1280 x 1024, they always state the maximum resolution that the monitor can display as you can alter the resolution within Windows XP. High resolution TFT monitors do cost more and they are only required for people who want very detailed image quality, some people prefer lower resolutions as it means that the on screen images will be larger and easier to see, especially if you suffer from sight problems. All TFT monitors have a resolution that is high enough for general use though, you will net get bad quality imagery with a lower resolution monitor but it will not be as good as with the higher resolution monitors.
Another thing to look out for is speakers, many flat screen TFT monitors do not come with speakers built in as they are trying to save as much space as possible, there are some models that include them but be sure to check if you require speakers. You can buy PC speakers separately which are generally very cheap, just a basic set of stereo speakers will not cost much money from most computer shops.
The other type of monitor available is the CRT monitor, this stands for Cathode Ray Tube and is the technology used in the old style bulky monitors and most televisions. The problem with a CRT monitor is it’s size, they are often as thick as they are wide so you will need a space with lots of depth to fit one of these CRT monitors into. The good thing about CRT monitors is that they are cheap, you have to remember though that flat panel screens are becoming allot cheaper so it may be worth spending that little extra for a much nicer monitor.
So there are lots of things to consider when buying a new monitor for your PC, most people go for the newer flat screen displays with use LCD technology, these are getting allot cheaper so finding a cheap LCD monitor is quite easy. There is also the screen size, 14, 15 and 17 inch screens are very popular and quite cheap, you can also get larger screens such as 19, 20 and above screen sizes but they do cost more and are generally not required for general use. There is also the colour, most screen cases are either white, silver or black, they are made by manufacturers such as Philips, Sony, Acer, LG, Panasonic, Samsung and lots of others.