Welcome to the Computer Mice page, this is our guide to buying a computer mouse online including the newer technologies like optical mice and wireless mice, it also includes brands such as Microsoft, Logitech, Creative, Kensington, Trust, Labtek, Belkin and many others and mouse colours such as black, silver, blue and red.
A computer mouse is essential for computer use, along with the keyboard the mouse is the most used piece of a computer. For years mice have been very basic pieces of computer hardware, they had a wire connecting them to the computer via the USB or PS2 sockets and had a ball at the base of the mouse that was used to detect the mouse’s movement. These days though there is much more choice and technology available, you can get wireless mice that are not connected to the computer so that you can use them anywhere in the room. You can also get optical mice, these are mice that do not have a ball and instead use a small red LED that bounces light off of the surface you are using to detect the movement, these are more accurate and do not suffer from wear and tear like balled mice. There are also many brands that offer mice, they include Microsoft, Creative, Logitech, Kensington, Labtek, Trust, Belkin and many others with Microsoft being by far the most popular.
- 【5 Adjustable DPI Switch】 2400, 2000, 1600, 1200, 800, control your own speed freely. No need any driver, plug and play directly. ✪✪Lifetime Warranty!✪✪
- 【Auto Sleeping & Super Energey Saving】 Up to 15 months battery life with a single AA battery, if mouse is not used for over 8 minutes, it will turn to power saving mode to save energy.
- 【Strong Durability and Long Working Distance】 500,0000 Times keystroke Test and perform well. 2.4GHz Wireless - increased working distance of up to 15m
- 【Hand-friendly Design】 Designed for right-handed, the contoured shape and soft rubber grips keep your hand comfortable even after long hours. You would love its portability during mobile working
- 【Great Compatibility】 Compatible with most systems including microsoft Windows 7 / 8 / 10 / XP, Vista 7 / 8, Mac and Linux. Fit for Notebook, PC, Laptop, Computer, Macbook and other device. Note: Side buttons are invalid in Mac OS
- Professional Gaming Mouse With Ture 800/1200/1600/2400 DPI Adjustable
- Ergonomic, Comfort and Stylish Design With Fashion RGB Breathing LED Light
- One Tilt-Click Scroll Wheel In The Front-Middle and Two Forward & Backward Convenient Buttons On The Left Side
- Ideally For Entrance Level, New Game Player Or Daily Use
- Compatible With Windows 2000 /2003/XP/Vista/Win7/Win8/Win10, Linux, CentOS, Mac OS
- Plug and play: Get working in no time; the B100 corded USB mouse works straight out of the box
- Optical precision: Thanks to 800 dpi resolution, enjoy smooth, precise cursor control for optimum efficiency
- Convenience: This ambidextrous mouse fits both left and right hands, for comfortable work all day, while an approximately 5 feet 9 inch (180 cm) cable provides plenty of freedom
- Compatibility: The B100 optical USB mouse is compatible with Windows, Mac and Linux
- Reliability: This wired mouse features high-quality Logitech engineering and comes with a 3 years hardware warranty
- TeckNet Tru-Wave technology provides precise, smart cursor control over many surface types.
- Contoured shape: Gives you more comfort and control for right or left hand
- Speeds: 2000 DPI, High Precision Optical engine, Super Responsive: Scroll wheel to speed through long documents or web pages.
- Hand-friendly design: The shaped design and soft rubber grips conform to the hand and are designed to be comfortable to hold. The compact size enables it to be able to be taken wherever desired for use on the computer whether at home, at work or anywhere else.
- Compatibilty: Windows 2000, XP, VISTA, 7, 8 & 10
- 【Extremely Comfortable & Noiseless Click】 Streamline design offers your hand maximum support for lasting comfort. 96% less noisy with Quiet clicks free your worry of bothering others and keep you stay focused while working. Anti-fingerprint and sweat-resistant finish makes it skin-friendly for constant use
- 【2.4G Wireless Transmission & Stable Connection】 2.4G wireless allows working distance of up to 50ft/15m, no interference with other device.1600 DPI make it track more smoothly over a variety of surfaces. Virtually no delays or dropouts
- 【3-Stage Energy Saving Mode】REAL 24-month of battery life eliminates need of replacing batteries frequently. REAL 8 million times keystroke test (Please be careful of the exaggerated data on the market). To save energy, it will auto shut off within 3 seconds/10 seconds/30 minutes of inactivity
- 【 Slim and Portable Design】Perfect for Travelling carry which means it can be easily put into your laptop bag and ultra-space saving. The Nano receiver can be stored in the back of mouse when not use
- 【Wide Compatibility】 Can work with Windows7/8/10/XP, Vista7/8, Linux and Mac OS. Ideal for work or entertainment in home and office. Lifetime Warranty!
Last update on 2017-11-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Optical mice are a great advancement in mouse technology, they do not have a ball at the base of the mouse so do not suffer in the way old balled mice used to. Old style mice used to collect dirt and fluff inside the mouse that was collected from the ball, this could be removed by removing the ball and cleaning the inside, a knife was best as the fluff and dirt collected on the plastic bars that were used to sense the balls movement. An optical mouse uses a small red LED that bounces light off of the surface you are using the mouse onto a sensor, this sensor then sends the image to a Digital Signal Processor (DSP) which works out how far the mouse has moved since the last image it received, the thing is that this occurs millions of times per second so very accurate results are given. Optical mice have many advantages including the fact that they do not have the wear and tear issues, they will also work on any surface and so do not require a mouse mat, an optical mouse will easily work on your desk or almost any other surface. Optical mice are also very accurate as the position of the mouse is processed so often, this gives a very smooth movement on screen and very accurate use if you have to use fine control with your mouse. Optical mice are pretty much replacing the old mice with balls in them, this is because they will last so much longer and have the other advantages, they also look cool which is always a good thing! There are many brands that offer optical mice, they include Logitech, Microsoft, Kensington, Creative, Trust, Labtek, Belkin and lots of others.
The other major advancement in mouse technology is the wireless mouse, wireless mice do not have a wire attaching them to the computer and so can be used anywhere in the room and are easier to handle as they are not tied to your computer. Wireless mice need two parts, a transmitter and a receiver. The transmitter is built into the mouse and the receiver is a separate small part that connects to the computers USB socket to send the signal to the computer, so the mouse sends the signal wirelessly to the receiver and then the receiver sends the signal to the computer through a wire to the USB port. The receiver can be placed anywhere near the computer, wireless mice use a radio frequency to communicate with the receiver so location is not that important, placing the receiver with plenty of space around it is better though. When combining the advantages of wireless and optical mice you have a very nice mouse, one that you can use on any surface anywhere in the room! There are many manufacturers that offer wireless mice and they include Microsoft, Logitech, Trust, Kensington, Labtek, Creative, Belkin and others.
Microsoft are the market leaders in wireless and optical mice as they offer so many different models and designs. You can buy Microsoft mice with optical technology, wireless technology or both, you can still buy Microsoft mice with the old style balls if necessary although we would not recommend that. The other reason that Microsoft mice are so popular are their cool designs, you can get mice in white and black or cool shades of silver, blue or red, some offer a metallic style which looks very cool. The most popular colours are white and black but more people are opting for the metallic versions and the silver, blue or red combinations, the colours you choose depends entirely on your style but if you want a specific colour you may but get all of the features that you want, for example a brand may only sell one version of a mouse with a metallic blue and silver design.
So there are a few things to look for when buying a mouse, the main things to go for are the optical and wireless technologies as these make a big difference to the use of the mouse. Then there is the design, do you want a standard white or black mouse or do you want a funkier metallic, silver, blue or red design? There is also the price, optical and wireless mice are not as cheap as the old style mice but they offer lots of benefits and the prices are not that much higher, well worth it in our opinion if the mouse lasts allot longer. If you are looking for a cheap mouse then have a good shop around, there are many shops that offer cheap special offers and package deals where some good money can be saved.