Welcome to the Computer Keyboards page, this is our guide to buying a keyboard online including basic keyboards, wireless keyboards and mouse and keyboard packages from brands such as Microsoft, Logitech, Labtec, Trust and many others.
Computer keyboards are an essential computer accessory, you cannot use a computer properly although basic functions can be done with a mouse. Computer keyboards are also a common purchase as the keyboards that come with new computers are often low quality and sometimes keyboards can become worn out if they are used excessively. There is quite a difference between the cheap keyboards and the better quality keyboards, the touch of the buttons will have more response and spring to them and there will be lots more functions available on the higher quality keyboards. You can also get wireless keyboards, wireless keyboards do not need any cables so you can use the keyboard anywhere in the room, this can be very convenient and save clutter on your desk or table. There are many brands that offer keyboards and they include Microsoft, Labtec, Logitech, Trust and many others.
- Durable: The K120 wired keyboard for business is the budget-friendly USB keyboard that is built for longer use with its durable keys and spillage resistance
- Quiet: Enjoy a comfortable, quiet typing experience thanks to the low-profile keys that barely make a sound and a standard layout with full-size F-keys and number pad
- With its thin profile, spill-resistant design, durable keys that can withstand up to 10 million keystrokes and sturdy, adjustable tilt legs, this sleek office keyboard looks and feels ideal
- Plug and play: The USB connection means no software installation or IT hassles, while bold, bright white characters make the keys easier to read
- 3 years manufacturer warranty: For a worry-free user experience that ensures long-lasting performance
- Professional Mechanical feeling backlit gaming keyboard for gaming and office ,not the real mechanical keyboard,,but it worth more.
- Support Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP.PC Laptop Pad Google Android TV Box HTPC IPTV Smart TV Mac IOS Raspberry Pi all version
- 3 color LED backlit with breathing light.FN+Light(right of FN) to enter into breathing light model.press Light button for three times , the backlit will be off
- Standard 104 Keys, with 11 special designed multi media keys combinations.and the keyboard.Size:17.1 x 5.3 x 0.9 in.
- Automatically enter sleeping mode 10 minutes without operation and backlights off,any key pressed will awaken and backlights on.
- Upgraded with Windows charm keys
- Hot keys included - play/pause, volume up, volume down and mute
- Quiet-touch keys - quiet, responsive and thin-profile keys
- Wired USB plug-and-play: No software needed, just connect the keyboard to your PC and go
- Spill-resistant - enjoy a beverage whilst working, the keyboard is designed to withstand an accidental spill
- 【Wired USB Connection】 Plug and play! NO software needed. Simply connect the keyboard to your PC's USB port and start pleasant typing. Compatible with PC and laptops with Mac OS, Windows 10, Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP, and etc.
- 【Ergonomic Comfort】 Arc shaped keys brings you both incredible responsive feedback and comfy fit. Foldable stands keep your hands in a more comfortable typing position, which help reduce hand fatigue. Anti-slip rubber pads keep it firmly in place when typing.
- 【Durable and Spill-resistant Design】Robust ABS keycaps with easy-to-read laser carving characters ensures up to 10,000,000 times of keystrokes. The wired keyboard with drain holes withstands accidental spill and fall. ▲(Please do not immerse keyboard in liquid.)
- 【Solid Quality】Built with high quality ABS material and 3 layers of internal membrane protection, the wired keyboard offers not only sleek style, but also ensures superior durability to prevent splashes and fall.
- 【104 Keys Layout & 12 Multimedia Shortcuts】 Featuring standard keyboard layout with full size F-keys and number pad, the wired keyboard brings you efficient typing while at work or gaming. Sleek design with low-profile keys is for contemporary style and ease of carrying around.Easy access to email, music, volume control, homepage, My Computer, mute and more. Save you time and efforts. ▲(Note: For Mac OS, the shortcut functions are NOT available.) ❤lifetime Warranty❤
- Ultra lightweight, super slim profile keyboard with TeckNet's advanced 2.4 GHz wireless technologies. Spill-resistant keyboard with whisper quiet low profile keys optimally angled for a comfortable typing position
- Enjoy wireless freedom - up to 10m range lets you type in cord-free comfort and takes up less space, With a Nano USB receiver that stays in place so your keyboard is always ready to use
- Co-Link technology - after pairing there's no need to re-establish pairing after a signal loss or shutdown
- Long battery life with auto-sleep and battery life indicator allows up to 2 years between battery changes
- Easy access hot keys let you change volume, mute or skip to the next song without using your mouse
Last update on 2018-02-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The basic computer keyboard is connected to the computer with a PS/2 or USB connector, most keyboards have both available so there should be no problems connecting the keyboard as all computers have a PS/2 port that is intended only for keyboards (the mouse has a separate port). The standard keyboard has the QWERTY layout which is the standard keyboard layout, this is the layout that people are familiar with. These basic keyboards are cheap but do not have any nice features and lack quality in the touch of the keys, if you are looking for a cheap keyboard though then this is the type of keyboard to go for.
For a little more money you can get computer keyboards that have more quality and functions, the quality is all about how the keys feel when you press them and how long the keyboard is likely to last, cheap keyboards can have their keys stick or become unstable quite easily with heavy use. The functions on keyboards vary but they usually have volume controls and Internet hot keys, these are buttons that you can assign a web site to so that when you press the button you will be taken straight to that web site. There are also usually lots of application buttons, these applications include Internet Explorer, Outlook Express, MSN Messenger, Microsoft Word and many others, pressing any application button will open that application.
A very popular type of keyboard is the wireless keyboard, these wireless keyboards do not require any wires so you can use the keyboard anywhere in the room. Wireless keyboards use a transmitter than connects to the computer through the usual PS/2 or USB port, the transmitter then sends the signal all over the room so that no matter where you are the keyboard will receive the signal, you will have to make sure you are in range though. The range of wireless keyboards is usually quite large and it doesn’t matter that much as you won’t be needing to use the keyboard if you can’t see the computer screen, you can easily use the wireless keyboard several metres away with no problems. This means if you have a sofa or a bed in the same room as your computer you could lay on the sofa or bed and chat on MSN Messenger or write on Microsoft Word, all you would have to do is increase the font size so you could see the text on the screen and you would be fine, a wireless mouse would be very useful though in this example. There are many brands that offer wireless keyboards, they include Logitech, Trust, Microsoft and Labtec.
Allot of the time when you buy a keyboard it will come with a mouse, these are packages and they are cheaper than buying the keyboard and mouse separately, they will also match which is nice. This is especially true with wireless keyboards because as stated above when you are away from the computer with your keyboard you will nearly always need to also use the mouse, you can alter the font size and the size of the mouse pointer so that you can still see what you are doing. These mouse and keyboard packages are usually the better quality products with high quality and lots of functions, they are quite cheap though as they are in a package. There are many manufacturers that sell these mouse and keyboard packages and they include Trust, Logitech, Microsoft and Labtec.
So if you are looking to buy a keyboard then there are a few things to consider, you can get a cheap keyboard without any nice features or you can get a better quality keyboard with better quality keys which feel better and will last longer and also has useful functions such as Internet hot keys, volume controls and application buttons. You could also buy a wireless keyboard, these offer much more freedom and they also often come in packages with a mouse. There are also lots of brands that make keyboards, they include Trust, Labtec, Microsoft and Logitech. If you are looking for cheap keyboard deals then have a good shop around, even on the better quality and wireless keyboards many of the shops have cheap special offers and deals so finding a cheap keyboard can be quite easy.